PRIVACY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT & CONSENT
This Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent is issued by Rapid Finance (AUST) Pty Ltd - ACL No. 392965 (“we”, “us”, “our”). We collect information about you for the purposes you agree to in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent. When you sign below, you agree we can, consistent with Australia's privacy and credit reporting laws, collect, use, and exchange credit and personal information about you for those purposes.
Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable:
- To source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes;
- Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent) or to support a guarantor application you will provide.
We require certain personal information from you as borrower or guarantor, as well as information about any associated companies. Where possible we will source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances, and will manage the application process, however if you do not provide the information sought, we may be unable to assist.
Your information - Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosures
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider. We may:
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you authorise us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to make a preliminary assessment of your consumer credit or guarantor application;
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain; and
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider(s) to apply for finance on your behalf. The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia's privacy and credit reporting laws, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for a credit provider which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as an agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider to whom we submit an application may disclose information about you to, and collect information about you from, one or more CRB's.
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness,
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB,
- How you can obtain the credit provider's and/or CRB's policies about managing your credit information,
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws,
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake preliminary screening for the purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider,
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider's website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
Prior to disclosing any of your personal information to another person or organisation, we will take all reasonable steps to satisfy ourselves that:
- The person or organisation has a commitment to protecting your personal information at least equal to our commitment, or
- You have consented to us making the disclosure.
When you contact us by phone, we may collect statistics on the number, date and time of your call and the manner in which you navigate through our telephony system. We may also monitor and/or record in-coming and out-going telephone calls for taxation, verification, substantiation, dispute resolution, training and quality assurance purposes.
We may use cloud storage to store the personal information we hold about you. The cloud storage and the IT servers may be located outside Australia.
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you;
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect;
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including preliminary screening;
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information it holds about you
You can gain access to the information we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephoning 1300 467 274 or in writing to: The Privacy Officer Rapid Finance (AUST) Pty Ltd PO Box 981 South Melbourne VIC 3205. In some cases the information you seek may be archived. If this is the case we will endeavour to retrieve the information you seek within 30 days. We reserve the right to charge you a fee for this retrieval.
We mainly use Equifax as our CRB. You can contact the Equifax by telephone on 1300 762 207 (Opening hours: Mon-Fri, 8.30am-6pm EST) or email at email@example.com. If we use another CRB for your application, we can advise you of their details on request.
Disclosure and Consent
By signing below, you agree that we may:
- Use your personal and credit information:
- To assess your consumer or commercial credit and/or guarantee application and/or to assess a credit application by a company of which you are a director
- To source any finances you require
- To source any insurances you require
- As the law authorises or requires;
- Disclose to, and obtain from, any prospective credit provider or insurer, information about you that is reasonably necessary to obtain the finance and insurances you require;
- Obtain from, and disclose to, any third party, information about you, the applicant(s) or guarantor(s) that is reasonably necessary to assist you obtain the finance and insurances sought;
- Provide your information, including your credit report(s), to one or more of the credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below so they can assess your application, or the application of a company of which you are a director, or your suitability as a guarantor;
- Provide credit information about you to a guarantor, or prospective guarantor;
- Provide you, or the company of which you are a director, with offers or information of other goods or services we, or any of our associated entities, may be able to provide to you or the company, unless you tell us not to;
- Disclose your personal and credit information to the extent permitted by law to other organisations that provide us with services, such as contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, securitises and computer systems consultants or providers, so they can perform those services for us; and
- Disclose your personal information to any other organisation that may wish to acquire, or has acquired, an interest in our business or any rights under your contract with us, or the contract with us of a company of which you are a director.
You also agree and consent to, as appropriate:
- A CRB disclosing consumer credit information to one or more credit providers specified in the Schedule of Credit Providers below for the purpose of assessing your application for consumer or commercial credit or your guarantor application, and/or assessing a credit application by a company of which you are a director
- When you are a prospective guarantor, a credit provider using that information to assess your suitability as a guarantor
- A credit provider disclosing your credit information (including information obtained by it from a CRB) to a guarantor, or a prospective guarantor
- A credit provider disclosing to another credit provider, for a particular purpose, information it holds about you.
Where the applicant, or guarantor, is a company of which you are a director, you consent to the use of your information, in addition to the company's information, in each of the ways listed above.